Wednesday, December 19, 2012

I Fight the Gods

Yes.  I have just completed my last airplane trip of 2012.  And no I did not go on this trip quivering in fear of the power of the Magical Unicorn Pony God of Travel.  No, I have decided that I am not going to live in fear of this demi-immortal any longer.  Yes, de-I will now have it out with the Pointed Foil to travel well-being.  The Unicorn God and de-I...Mano a Little Equino and may the best one prevail.

I started with my full on assault in the sacrifice of mile of virgin snow this weekend.  Want to make unrealistic expectations of sacrifices Magical one?  I'll show you through the use of legalistic interpretations.  Even the Gods shake when the Bar shows up.

So how did my trip turn out?

I got to Albuquerque International Sunport on Monday morning with it all looking like a laughter in favor of the Magical Unicorn Pony God.  My flight was an hour late because of a late arriving crew the night before.  Then I was called and told I had a complementary DOWNGRADE from First Class back to Coach.  Seems that the plane that was sent was smaller than the one scheduled and they had fewer First Class seats.  But no.  I exerted my powers and ended up with A WHOLE ROW to myself in Economy Plus.  That's as good as First Class anytime when you're in the morning and not going to be drinking.  On my next flight to Boston, I had an empty seat next to me in the Exit isle on an otherwise packed flight. 

Going home today, my flight from Boston was full but on time.  The flight to Albuquerque I managed to get a seat when I checked in right behind the First Class cabin which on this particular aircraft HAS MORE LEG ROOM THAN THE FIRST CLASS SEATS!  And because of the bad head winds they needed six people to not take this flight.  I ended up with THE WHOLE ROW again!

Pretty much a total victory for de-I.  I'm having my lawyers research all kinds of virgin definitions to use in my battle.  Don't think I won't be using a lot of EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL before my next trip?

5 comments:

alexis said...

wow, sounds like you dodged all sorts of bad travel bullets! How did the meeting in Boston go actually?

de-I said...

The meeting was quite successful, Alexis.

Bernice said...

Like using virgin olive oil would be a sacrifice for you??

de-I said...

I'm not the one being sacrificed...I'm the one sacrificing the oil.

terri said...

Glad to hear your luck has turned!