Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas Miracle

I went to a movie today.  With Wife.

Believe me this is a miracle.

Neither of us can remember the last time we were at a move together.  I don't like movies.  They mess with my emotions.  I don't like that.  They are too loud.  Have too much visual stimuli.  I don't like that.  They are either violent, inane, depressive, emotional, or some combination of the four.  I don't like that.  I don't even watch movies that are free on airplanes.  I don't like movies.

But Wife asked if I would go with her since we are by ourselves this Christmas.  And I kind of liked what I had been reading about Lincoln.  I loved it...even though it was a bit loud.  It was very interesting, the characters totally believable, and quite uplifting.  I would go to more movies if there were more like this.

We're actually doing this again on New Years Day as I'm a huge Tolkien fan and want to see the Hobbit.

3 comments:

terri said...

I rarely go to movies either. In fact, I went to one with a bunch of women a few weeks ago on a Friday night. I fell asleep.

I'm interested to see Lincoln though. I'll just be sure to get plenty of sleep first.

Glad you enjoyed it!

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

You're as bad as my ol'man!! Movies are awesome, c'mon! We went to see The Guilt Trip with Barbara Streisand and Seth Rogan. Hysterical. Of course, it was an eat-in theater, so we had dinner too. Great fun! Get out there and enjoy! You can even hit the matinees!

alexis said...

I am so glad to hear you and mom enjoyed it. I love going to movies but we rarely do at present. When Munchy is older