Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Pre-Thanksgiving Thankful

It's a very, very quiet Wednesday afternoon before the Thanksgiving holiday. I am sitting in my office in the tower working on project for a client that I like a lot. I've finished my cooking this morning for the small gathering we're going to have tomorrow. I'm listening to a Beethoven Piano Concerto on my headphones. It is a gorgeous New Mexico Fall day. The sun is bright, the sky is crystal blue and I'm looking over the city and the mountains which I can do without hardly moving my head here in the serenity of my tower office. I'm feeling better...really a lot better...not well but better and that is a great thing. I have a great family and I know they all received a boon they had not expected that is going to make their holidays much nicer and easier. My most wonderful and lovely Wife just came up the stairs.

I am a very thankful person.

Have a lovely holiday and take time to appreciate all that you have.

6 comments:

terri said...

I can feel the fullness in your heart in these words.

Thank you for the reminder to appreciate what is in front of us.

Happy Thanksgiving, my friend. I'm so glad you're feeling better. Hope you are feeling WELL soon.

de-I said...

Thanks Terri, you have a lovely holiday too...and enjoy all those kids!

alexis said...

so eloquent! I hope you guys had a wonderful thanksgiving, looking forward to hearing all about it this weekend. And very glad to hear you're feeling better and better!

Anonymous said...

Ahh...the calm before the Thanksgiving chaos... it's nice to have!

Pulisha said...

Very nicely put, Daddio. You do have a great family ;)

And, it was a wonderful present received from the venerable Old De-I that was so very much appreciated!

Mike said...

Sounds like a few moments of pure bliss.