Monday, November 21, 2011

The Latest Medical Update

Interesting day today.

On the plus side, I am feeling substantially better. Glo/Mom noted that I was visibly and noticeably more energetic than I’ve been in a month.

On the other side, we’re ramping up the tests. After my doctor talked with Dr. Infectious Diseases they came up with a whole battery of stuff for me to be doing. For all of you with a medical inclination (that’s probably one of you) here are the tests we ordered (requiring three big ass syringes of blood – I accused them of making Twilight cocktails)

List of Tests

  • Free TC, Free T4, TSH
  • Urine culture
  • CBC with Diff
  • Urinalysis Complete (UAC) w/macro and microscopic
  • ANA with titer
  • HIV
  • Rheumatoid Factor
  • Blood Counts x2
  • (the mysterious) Test codes 7948 and 7856

Plus Chest X-Ray, EKG, and if I’m not better in another couple of weeks it’s on to the CAT Scan!

Picture of big ass syringe of my vital fluids (with technician face cropped out to avoid lawsuit)



So take that medical system, who says that I’m not doing my best to support full employment in the medical industry!

6 comments:

alexis said...

glad you are feeling better. Hope the tests are for nothing, actually!

terri said...

When you said "big ass syringe" I had no idea you REALLY meant BIG ASS SYRINGE!

Yikes!

Glad you're feeling better!

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Geesh, that's a lot of blood. You're probably like a raisin now. Hopefully the tests come back with good info.

We got invited to yet another party while you're here, so get better!

de-I said...

Sheesh Joe, parties? I'm just trying to get myself well enough to do all the work that week!

Anonymous said...

Holy crap. And that was all in one day?? Yuck that is a lot of tests. Hopefully they will be able to determine what is causing you not to feel well. I'm glad to hear that you are feeling a bit better, though. Keep it up!

Mike said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better.

Holy crap. That is a giant syringe. I think I'd rather just be sick than go through all of that. :-/