Sunday, November 13, 2011

Inside de_I's Sandia Mountain Resort

The joy that hiking enthusiasts have come to expect at de-I Sandia Outfitters has now been expanded to our new resort mountain hotel, de-I's Sandia Mountain Resort.

Our first guests were my niece Renee Michelle and her husband Andrew flying in from Miami. Andrew had taken advantage of our online activity reservation system to reserve a slot in the pasta making course.

"Andrew dearest. Have you ever actually read any of Uncle de-I's Sandia Outfitter posts?"
"No dear. Why?"
"So you really have no idea about his reputation?"
"No dear"
"And you don't remember the year I was slave labor in his restaurant in Albuquerque?"

"Oh. I never really connected that with anything."
"Doesn't it seem a bit odd to you that we're in the Tower dungeon making pasta for 40 people as part of a so called class?"
"It did seem a bit odd that the class was scheduled for 4 hours."

"I don't know what I'm going to do with you dear. It's one thing to lead unsuspecting hikers to their doom but turning our relatives to kitchen scullions? I will never hear the end of this from my brother."

Ahhhhh
Homemade Pasta

7 comments:

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Scullions. Damn, not I have to visit dictionary.com. Curse you.

Anonymous said...

I thought I had escaped your clutches years ago, but somehow I keep coming back to slave in the kitchens....

But now you pay me with wine instead of wages, and that's actually a much better deal.

alexis said...

that is indeed a butt ton of pasta

Mike said...

Sounds like you've got this whole thing down to a science... and no one is any the wiser.

Bernice said...

Wish I could have joined you. Looks like great fun, food and time with family.

terri said...

Ah, but the end result clearly made all that intensive labor so very worthwhile!

Anonymous said...

Hmm....homemade pasta is something I have never tried before. I may have to try that sometime! But first I may need to get a kitchen slave.