Last Saturday, I invited friends the Count and Contessa P to partake. We had had them over in March when they had sprung on me that the Count was dieting. I responded with a diet friendly meal that I have described. The Count has hit is goal and I think because he felt guilty about my having to make the adjustment earlier, decided that he needed to make amends.
So instead of buying a few ingredients, he BOUGHT A FEW BAGS OF INGREDIENTS!
(Didn't make the cut as a choice between potatoes, sweet potatoes, and pasta)
- South American Shrimp salad with avocado, lime and red chile powder
- Salmon salad with capers and fresh lavender
- Soup of roasted sweet potatoes, onions, fennel, and celery with smoked Spanish paprika garnished with shrimp
- Pan seared oven finished salmon with a grape, blackberry, wine, and ham stock reduction sauce
- Garlic mashed potatoes
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts and prosciutto
The Contessa P preparing to sous-chef. Contessa's help prepping many of the veggies was a big, big help.
Wife, Count and Contessa P ready to do gastronomic battle. It would be complete surrender before we ever got to dessert.