Thursday, July 21, 2011

Battle of the Bulge - New Breakthrough

Gad it's been hard. The last few months have been two steps forward and a step back. Each one pound barrier seems to take a month to breakthrough. Each time I go on a trip or something where I get off the routine (even though I have been MUCH better when I travel then in the past), it takes my body a week just to get re-stabilized and back into weight reduction mode.

This week I broke another barrier and got below 174! I would be very happy if I could keep my weight between 174 and 175 but I feel I need to go 4 pounds underneath to give myself leeway so I can go to a slightly less austere caloric level. So the goal is to get under 172. BTW I am at weight that I have seen since I was 30. Yeah me :)

6 comments:

alexis said...

that is great news! Are you feeling more energy now as well?

Xani said...

Congratulations to you!

Anonymous said...

That's amazing! Good for you.

Anonymous said...

Better than one step forward and two steps back! Just remember it could always be worse! Congrats on the breakthrough!! WoohoO!!!!!!!!

terri said...

Good for you!

I'm sure it's hard to stay disciplined when traveling, especially when spending time with Joe. Seems like he has way too many excellent restaurant choices in his area.

Mike said...

Wow... everyone is on the diet bandwagon lately... including me. I'm trying to lose some pounds myself. I wouldn't call myself "fat," but I have some extra flab, and I'm not happy with the way I look. Good luck to you. I must say, I think you do quite well. If I had the opportunity to eat all of that stuff you post about all the time, I'd be enormous.