Saturday, May 15, 2010

Landmark Accomplishment in Sight - Sort of

The benefits of the airlines frequent flier system have been a part of my life for 30 years. I joined United's frequent flier program almost from its initiation. I have enjoyed those benefits that have made my travel life much, much easier and less stressful; not to mention the foreign travel we've done that I would otherwise not have been able to afford.

I was looking at my monthly mileage statement when it arrive a few days ago and noted that I have flown over 975 thousand miles on United. That means that this year I will most likely hit the million mile mark. That's the equivalent of two round trip voyages to the moon with miles left over.

I wondered if the airline actually gives you anything or these accomplishments. And it does! I end up getting my Premier Executive status for life! How cool is that. Or maybe how pathetic that I have spent so much of my time in an airplane.

6 comments:

terri said...

Pathetic? No. You have traveled far and wide and seen a great many adventures.

Definitely not pathetic.

WeaselMomma said...

Very cool. All of that air time is really going to pay off.

alexis said...

I don't think is pathetic at all!! How exciting... I gotta figure out how to drop this into conversations now so I can tangentially enjoy the accomplishment.

Anonymous said...

I say pathetic, get a life!!

;)

-Tim

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Premier status for life?! Awesome! No more creating trips to get enough miles. Sweet.

Mike said...

Very awesome, sir. I know you have a large number of stories/pictures to show for it as well.