Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Hmmmm South Carolina

I'm in Columbia South Carolina working on a family business conflict resolution. We started five years ago and the three family members weren't willing to make the hard decisions. Today was to be a last ditch effort and happy to say we seemed to have a break through though there is more work to do.

But in the meantime I get to experience the South again. I was reminded that it is a different environment from the west when all the other advisers (two lawyers and an accountant) were in coat and ties. Hardly anyone wears a tie in Albuquerque and rarely even in LA.

4 comments:

alexis said...

I hope you also remembered not to swear! Gotta watch your potty mouth in the south ;)

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Ugh. Mental note to self: avoid the south.

terri said...

I think the south must be the only place they're still wearing coats and ties.

Anonymous said...

Mike and I will be hitting SC on our honeymoon. We'll let you know if we experience the same!