Monday, April 5, 2010

Out of the Darkness

Or at least the darkness of not posting. Work has picked up (finally) so that has meant a lot of time and energy in that direction.

I've been hiking as usual. I took some pictures this week but when I got back, I found Wife, two neighbors and a stranger with two downed trees in our front yard, taking them apart limb by limb. Actually Wife and I arranged for this but because of some false assumptions we didn't think it was this weekend. So after 3+ hours of hiking, I was immediately thrown into 4 hours straight of breaking down evergreen tree boughs into pieces, putting them in plastic bags and hauling the bags to the back. I was less than civil. I think I said three words in the four hours. They consisted of Wife asking if I wanted lunch - "No". Wife asking if I wanted some water - "No". Wife asking if I wanted a break - "No".

But all was done and considering everything, very little permanent damage done to our relationship plus our view from the front is much improved.

Then on Sunday it was on the way to Chicago for the monthly trip. United, my preferred carrier, is doing automatic upgrades now for frequent fliers when available so I got a really nice business class seat (the fully reclining kind) on my Denver to Chicago leg. As always it is a treat to see my daughter Motherrocker and family - lots of grandkid smoochy time. I don't make a lot of dollars from my Chicago gig but it does pay for and allow me to see the kids there each month and that is true blessing

Tim de Buffalo - where's that St. Petersburg partner?

6 comments:

Bernice said...

Kudos to Wife for putting up with you. :) Maybe the Universe know you needed a bit more exercise.

alexis said...

goodness that didn't sound like a fun Sunday but I'm glad you're alive to tell the tale :) Miscommunication sucks!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Ooh I bet that was a big disappointment to go home and see hours of work that had to be done after a long hike. :(

terri said...

Around here we ask someone with an attitude like yours, "Did you forget to change out of your crabby pants today?"

Okay, so I can't blame you. I'd have been out of sorts too.

Mike said...

The three-hour hike alone probably would've done me in. I can't imagine doing strenuous yardwork immediately after. I'm worn out just reading about it.