Sunday, April 25, 2010

Much Traveling Coming Up

Was pretty much at home the last two months but the next five weeks are going to be mostly traveling.

I'm currently in Connecticut helping my Dad move back into his house. He had a fire last August and the rebuild is finally done. So they've moved hundreds of boxes back in and we're going through the process of unpacking them all. So I will be here all week. The hotel that is closest to him has crappy internet so I need to go to a nearby Starbucks to really get a good connection. In general I find that hotel internet is pretty crappy. Why is that Jules?

After this week, I have a trip to Columbia SC for some business. The week after that the monthly trip to Chicago. A week home. And then a visit to the kids in Florida. Gonna have a plenty of credits to my frequent flier account this month.

5 comments:

terri said...

Your dad must be so glad to back home again, and I'm sure he appreciates all your help.

I was in a hotel this weekend and the internet was actually pretty decent.

Anonymous said...

I don't know about the Internet. Ours is okay now, but it just seems like such a complicated process to get good wi-fi. I don't know why. Big companies don't seem to have a problem with it.. maybe something with the security? We actually upgraded ours recently and it is much faster.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Yeah, I was at a hotel in Michigan and they wanted $15 a day for internet access. They claimed "only high end hotels offer free internet access". Unbelievable. I did the same thing, headed to a Starbucks.

alexis said...

in europe it's usually pretty ok, the internet.

Happy travels dad and way to go being a good son, helping grandpa with the big move back. I'm so happy he'll be reinstalled soon!

Mike said...

Glad to hear that the rebuild is complete. I remember reading about the fire a while back. Terrible. So glad things will finally be back to normal for him.