Thursday, April 8, 2010

Congratulations Dr. Niece!

Or Dr. SRM
Or Dr. Styling
Or whatever.

My Niece who blogs Styling with Renee Michelle completed the defense of her dissertation and is now officially a Ph.D. in Physics. Now some might say, "well if she's a physicist, she must be super brainy and it must have been a cake." Nothing could be further from the truth ... and I don't mean she is not smart because she is.

My niece had all kinds of false starts and disappointments in her life. When she finally decided that she wanted to pursue physics it was far, far from a slam dunk. She had to work incredibly hard just to get into a program and then work equally hard to stay in. This is the accomplishment of a woman who has shown what perseverance is all about.

Hats of to you Doctor.

6 comments:

terri said...

Congratulations Dr. de-I's niece!

WeaselMomma said...

Congrats! She must be smart and an incredibly hard worker. I still have trouble even spelling physics.

alexis said...

way to go Renee!! Though you have consigned yourself to a life of school - since your specialty is studying how people learn :)

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats! I couldn't imagine going that far in school. I was done when I got my bachelor's.

Exciting!!

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

Wow, I'm honored to be a subject of a blog post. I'm thrilled to be done, and rather astonished at how proud and happy my family is. Thanks for all your support, Uncle de-I and family!

Mike said...

Holy cow! That's awesome! I only have an associate's degree. I can't imagine going that long and studying that hard. Especially in a field as tough as physics. Hats off to you, Renee Michelle!