Monday, April 19, 2010

Time To Come Out Of The Closet

We live in fairly enlightened times. There was a time not that long ago when you had to keep your personal preferences to yourself. It was follow the straight path or be condemned. But it's not like that anymore. You can be yourself regardless of your persuasions. So it really is time to come out of the closet.

I speaking of course about my friend and business partner Lakeview Coffee Joe.

Yes, we all know that Joe lives in that part of Chicago euphemistically known as Boys Town. So it should be no surprise that Joe is really a...

...EUROPHILE!

Yes, Mister go the Cubs, Bears season ticket holder, America uber alles is really a closet Europhile.

Exhibit One - Joe can go any where he wants with his lovely girlfriend. They can go to Las Vegas or Cancun. But where does he go? GENEVA SWITZERLAND!

And then he posts about eating DUCK LIVER and going to FRANCE!

Exhibit Two - Just a couple of weeks ago when I was in Chicago for the monthly business trip, He took us to this Italian restaurant, BECAUSE OF THE FAR SUPERIOR SUBTLE QUALITY OF THE FOOD! What kind of Glen Beck American loving behavior is that?

Finally and most damning...

Exhibit Three - I got this email link from Joe Saturday night. It is a You Tube highlight of a GREAT SOCCER GOAL hit by a Brazilian who PLAYS IN ITALY. For crying out loud, you have to be a real soccer geek to even be tracking this type of thing. The guy plays for Inter-Milan, a big club, but not the kind that gets much attention in the US unless you are really into EUROPEAN SOCCER! And he sent it to me the day of the game.

So Joe, it's time to come clean and come out of the closet.

YOU'RE A EUROPHILE!

I'll buy you some French Lessons for your Birthday.

7 comments:

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

That's some pretty damning evidence, Joe.

alexis said...

hah! Call a spade a spade I say. :D

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

C'mon people!! I swear I hate the French and loath the European way of life with their incredibly slow served dinners, small appliances, tiny living spaces and expensive....everything. Not to mention that they use the metric system and in their #1 sport, they don't even use their hands.

That said, that soccer play was pretty incredible; LL and I went to Mexico in October and the Italian restaurant was great food for only $20 a person!

I'm still me!! USA! USA! USA!

Anonymous said...

Haha that it funny :)

terri said...

Whatever, Joe. Your secret is out. I'll never be able to look at you the same again!

Nice work, Investigative Reporter, de-I. You tell the stories that need telling. Because inquiring minds want to know.

WeaselMomma said...

I love your sense of humor. Congrats Joe on being 'outed'. Europhile and proud bumper stickers must be for sale somewhere.

Mike said...

Forget the Euro stuff. He's a Cubs season ticket holder?

As I'm from St. Louis, you can hopefully understand why I cannot find this natural or acceptable.