Friday, March 6, 2009

The Lord Taketh and the Lord Giveth

We found out a few weeks ago that the Visigoths, daughter Pulisha and son-in-law Tim de Buffalo and the three grandchildren are going to be moving out of state. Pu and Tim were very unhappy after moving here. Neither's work situations was anything close to what they would have hoped for. Fortunately Pu was able to get a new job with substantially more money and responsibility in St. Petersburg, FL. They are scheduled to be moving out in mid-March. Sad for us but great for them.

Then we found out that our very, very good friends Gaius Derf and Agent W are moving back to Albuquerque from Salt Lake City. We knew they were not happy in SLC but until they showed up on our door step a couple of months ago 'house hunting' we had no clue that they were serious about making a move. They were able to sell their house up their in 38 days. Unbelievable. They already picked up a house here and are scheduled to be moving back almost the same day that Pu and Tim are moving out.

How wierd is that! We lose having the children and grandchildren but get back our best friends.

7 comments:

terri said...

Well, I hear that Florida is a nice place to visit. Not quite as exciting as some of the world destinations you've seen, but nice, nonetheless. (This is a place I have actually BEEN! Shocking, I know.) And having the best friends return seems like a nice way to ease the pain of seeing your loved ones take leave.

I'm reminded of a phrase similar to your title... something about the Lord never closing one door without opening another.

WeaselMomma said...

I am happy and sad for you all at the same time.

Bernice said...

Has Mrs.de-I posted new travel pictures yet. House looks great.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

It might be a trade up just because you won't have to deal with all of that "Buffalo's great" nonsense. :-p

That comment isn't going to ruin my free room down there I hope.....

Anonymous said...

I add my sympathies and congratulations. It's funny how things work out sometimes.

stef said...

That is so wonderful! Amazing they were able to sell their house so fast. i know they will help ease the pain- babysitting the Derfs will be way easier I bet. ;)

Mike said...

Tell the daughter congratulations on the new job. I'm sure it will be hard having her move away, but it's awesome that your best friends are moving home. I'm not sure what I'd do if my best friends moved away - they're like my second family.