Monday, March 23, 2009

Bad Blogger

Well, maybe not bad as in evil but as in negligent. And not with any really great excuse either. We've had a lot of things to do to be getting ready to finish off the construction project and I am on my monthly business trip to Chicago with an added extension to see O-I (Dear Old Dad or SOB as some call him - Sweet Old Bill). But basically, the old writing juices haven't been flowing. We're sitting here in the Chicago office and I'm taking shit from my partners on where to go to dinner just cause I want moules frites (steamed mussels with french fries). Ricardo owes me a bottle of very good Cabernet. He will pay up.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too bad you weren't in DC yesterday. We went to a Belgian pub to put a away a fair number of terrific brews, and they also offered excellent mussels and fries. (I can vouch for the fries, but as the designated vegetarian driver, I missed out on the rest of it.) Hope you were able to find some mussels in Chicago.

alexis said...

I have been on a frites kick lately, as if I am trying to catch up on 29 years of not liking frites in the States.

WeaselMomma said...

Welcome to Chicago. I would love to meet up for dinner if I weren't suffering the Mongolian death flu. Go to a Brazilian place for dinner while here in the windy city.

stef said...

so Mado was closed I take it?

Anonymous said...

I have never tried moules frites, but I think I would give it a shot. Actually I don't think I have ever tried any form of mussels. I tend to stick to fish.

terri said...

You're not a bad blogger. You are entitled to live in the real world and suffer a dry spell now and then. It goes with the territory.

Enjoy your travels, enjoy your mussels and don't worry about the blog. It'll be waiting when you're ready and so will we.

Mike said...

I'm right there with ya. Have you SEEN the gaps in my blog posts? I think this warmer weather is keeping everyone busy, out of the house, and away from their computers. I'm trying to catch up on posts tonight myself. Enjoy your travels!

Anonymous said...

eww muscles are just gross. heck they are what filter our rivers! why would you want to eat a fish poop filter?? lol

oh, and i live in a glass house, so i'm not throwing any stones!