Sunday, October 19, 2008

When in Doubt - Fall back on Pictures

I had great intentions for writing my post for this weekend. But we had to go to the Goths tonight and mollify them them dinner and wine. Visigoth Queen, Pulisha, was very upset at us. She had written about her and hubs dissatisfaction with the current work and compensation state of affairs here and mentioned in her blog that they probably would be moving out of Albuquerque. Evidently I took it too literally and when they got back from work that day and found me in there house packing their stuff up, they were a bit ticked. Sheesh I was just trying to help.

I think most casual bloggers agree that when you don't have time to write much, pictures are a great fall back.

On Saturday, I went on my longest hike since the operation. I had had my flu shot the day before so this probably was not the greatest idea because I was in mucho pain on the way down and was wiped out that afternoon.

Picture on my way to the destination at around 9,000 feet

Two shots of a mountain across the way on my way down


Construction Stuff

The concrete footer is in

This is where the stairs are going to go from left to right

To keep dust out but to allow us to get in an out of the house we have a zipper enabled barrier. Makes me feel like the scene from ET

Footer for the upper porch in the front
Food Event of the Weekend

Mrs. de-I had harvested some more rhubarb and wanted to do something different so she found a recipe on-line - a kind of jelly roll with the homemade rhubarb filling and a sponge cake made from scratch. The cake was totally awesome. I'm trying to talk Mrs. into doing a version with the rhasberries she's frozen from the garden when everyone is here this Christmas.

6 comments:

alexis said...

that is so crazy, your house is going through a whole make-over!

stef said...

That cake sounds amazing- and any rolled cake could be made bouche-de-noely with the decoration! Do I smell new tradition...?

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

"packing their stuff up"...that's just funny. Slow down on the construction! My bathroom isn't done yet.

Unknown said...

More "Cucina Magica" a la Mrs. de-I!!!! Sounds wonderful!

terri said...

I wish I had a mountain. Excercise and great photo ops all combined into one excursion. What more could you ask?

Anonymous said...

And you reminded me that I need to get my flu shot...