Friday, October 3, 2008

Metaphysical Musings

Tapasya Revisited

Right after my kidney donation operation, I had a spiritual revelation about old guilt that had been burned out (tapasya) from challenges. My trip east last week visiting my brother, father and sister brought up that evidently other hang ups had been burnt out as well because things that would have in the past driven me up a wall were just non-issues.

The Feel of East and West

Driving from Hartford, CT to Boston, MA (even though I grew up here), I was really taken by the incredible volume and thickness of the trees and greenery. It is so over powering and it seems like it just closes in on you. Then I got home and took my walk this morning, and I am totally taken in by how open everything is, how far you can see and how uplifting it makes me feel.

6 comments:

Bernice said...

Perhaps the challenge is to feel uplifted where every you find yourself. To me the uplifting part is being out in nature.

terri said...

Tapasya? Hmmm. I need some of that. I think I have at one time or another allowed myself to release some things, but I eventually come back around to not feeling I'm allowed to do so.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're happy where you are.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Interesting. I would have thought the lushness of the northeast would have been more uplifting. Huh. Both are nice I guess!

There are sooooo many things that I need to work on letting go.....

alexis said...

interesting, I wish I'd had a chance to chat with you this weekend about this! Maybe next weekend!

stef said...

I have to say I love the east coast landscape. It has been a while since I've seen it. Of course, I pretty much just see buildings around here.