Thursday, October 2, 2008

Changes

After two years of working, having one contractor start, stop and then die - then starting again with another contractor - our home remodel starts construction on Oct. 9. The job is supposed to take 5 to 7 months.

After three weeks of Chinese Fire Drill trying to get reservations made and business organized for an unplanned for business/pleasure trip to Amsterdam and Israel, the whole thing got canceled. This really probably a lot better for me business wise but it means I have to ship a container load of butter spray, light salad dressing and New Mexico Chile and Salsa to my daughter there to assuage her disappointment.

6 comments:

stef said...

Oh- I am sorry to hear about your trip but that is great about your remodel!

Bernice said...

Does that mean we cannot visit for 7 months? Albuquerque does have a certain appeal to Ohio residents by the end of Winter. And I could safely say it is our turn to visit.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Damn, it seemed like that would have been a great trip for you. Bastards.

Anonymous said...

If you send enough butter spray, I'm sure AinA won't even notice you're not there in person.

Unknown said...

Sorry that the trip was cancelled and that you will not be able to see AinA......Hope she will not be too disappointed...but you have a good plan to send her all those goodies!!! Good news that the remodel will soon begin! You and Mrs. D-I are welcome to visit us anytime during the remodel to get away for a while from all the noise & dust! Keep us in mind!!

Agent W & The Derf

alexis said...

awww, you guys are so sweet! And I'm so glad the remodeling is finally starting.
But you don't have to send me anything. Packages are expensive and I'd rather you save the money for something else.