Saturday, October 25, 2008

Hike of the Week

This Saturday's hike was the Pino trail, a lovely trail with a wonderfully smooth path that climbs from 6700 feet to 9200 over a 4.5 mile distance. Hiking buddy of the day was Cabinet Lady.

All of my fellow hiking buddies are of the "let's get out early and get back so we have the rest of the day" classification. We arrived at the trail head at 7:30 AM and were literally the first people there. It was just barely getting to be light and was really pretty cold. Fortunately I had the right gear with me.

This is a shot looking west from the trail head as we set off overlooking the city with Mount Taylor (if you will remember from prior posts) about 60 miles away and shrouded in pink early morning light.

Cabinet Lady Getting on Her Gear

CL is a very interesting person. She's a client of mine and owns a custom cabinetry business that only sells in Santa Fe to ultra high end people. Some of her clients are name celebrities and some of her jobs are more the most of our houses! Crazy Craig (who is par of my team doing consulting for her) joked that the ideal motto for here business would be, "When Expensive Just Isn't Good Enough!"

But CL herself is unbelievably down to earth and great fun. She's also a very avid gardener. When we got to the top of the climb and were eating our snacks, she pulls out her little pad and asks me what I want her to grow the coming season as she's starting to pick out seeds. I knew doing that Tin Chef dinner for her was going to payoff.

Sunrise Breaking on the Mountain

Our Destination only about a Mile Away



6 comments:

terri said...

Sounds like a fun group of people to go hiking with and the scenery is gorgeous!

alexis said...

beautiful! I can't wait to go hiking when I'm there - I will save my knees up for it so we can go for a good long one!

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Arriving on the scene at 7:30 a.m.......good Lord, that sounds insane. Plus, that's when the bears are most active!!

stef said...

looks like a pretty sunrise

Anonymous said...

I like her rooster hat.

Unknown said...

CL should have a lot in common with you AND Mrs d-I !!! Nice pics!!!!