Friday, August 1, 2008

First Flight F@#k Up Of The Summer

Yes, I made it until officially August before hitting the air travel snake eyes (we can't officially call the problem coming home from the operation 'summer' since it was in May).

My 10:30 flight from Chicago to Albuquerque was canceled minutes before boarding was scheduled - no explanation, no humans saying anything, just posted on the board canceled.

Because of my illustrious status on United Airlines (masochist first class), I was able to get a flight today - most people I heard in line were looking at something tomorrow. It just means I have to fly from Chicago to Washington DC to Albuquerque - a tad out of the way but at least I will be home (hopefully) before 8 PM tonight...And I'm on First Class...sohju or not last night I will be drinking.

2 comments:

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Ugh. That blows. I'm sure there is logic behind flying to DC first, but I think you have to work for the airline to understand it.

alexis said...

hopefully no weather complications in stormy DC to boot!