Wednesday, July 30, 2008

PIZZA GOLDMINE!

I really, really, really, really love pizza. I'm not sure why. I eat all kinds of food from all over the world. But there is something totally satisfying about pizza. I'm not crazy about 'gourmet' pizza. I love the basic, close to the original Italian pizza.

I will just about any kind of pizza in a crunch but to find a truly good pizza (like MotherRocker is capable of doing) is not easy. My Chicago partners Lakeview Coffee and Ricardo in answer to my pizza craving found Coal Fire Pizza. Totally awesome. I'm sorry I couldn't take pictures. Nice NY style pizza - thin crust, thin layer of very powerful flavored sauce, top notch mozzarella, very thin toppings with superb flavor, cooked in a very hot oven.

If in Chicago - stop here.

7 comments:

alexis said...

NL is sadly lacking in good pizza. We make up for it in bitterballen.

Anonymous said...

Chicago DOES have some good pizza. Here in MN, not so much. I guess our claim to fame is any kind of food on a stick at the state fair.

stef said...

Ok, ok-we will have to make it there! (maybe the next time you visit? hint, hint...)

Anonymous said...

Everything may suck in Buffalo, but not the Italian food, especially the pizza...my mouth is watering just thinking about it.

Michael Podolny said...

Tim - I would EVEN go to Buffalo for great pizza!

Terri - Glad to see you're feeling good enough to go a blogging - Don't push yourself too hard (as everyone told me)!

Stef - You KNOW it is on the agenda!

Alexis - Bitterballen? An Olibollen that has joined a gang?

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

That was pretty tasty. I thought Ricardo was the impetus but all along it was you! Too funny. You didn't even mention that we made it there on the last BYOB day. Now they have a $10 corkage fee.

Michael Podolny said...

Yes Joe, I like to work circuitously to obtain my goals. And it's very sad that the BYOB is kaput