Friday, May 16, 2008

Organ Donation Chronicle - D plus 2

Hah. Commandeered Wife's computer in between gas attacks to make this quick update.

Nobody told me it would hurt this much! Probably they did but somehow you don't register these things. I'm not terribly filled with energy so I won't go through the full events of D-Day. The hospital staff was terribly friendly. In fact one of the OR nurses was into yoga and meditation. She saw I was listening to a mantra tape and made sure that I could bring it in to the operating room and it seems she turned it on once the procedure was over.

I find that my energies are some what limited with my body focused on healing itself. I promise that I will give a much more detailed explanation in a few more days. BTW my sister seems to be doing very fine with here new kidney. The surgeon told Wife that he was surprised at how large it was. I told you Lakeview that my kidenys were working overtime!

But before I go I want to thank all the people who passed on all their well wished, thoughts a prayers. When I went into the surgery, I had such a feeling of wellbeing. Thanks All!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

good to see your post, you must be somewhat clear headed.... is now the time to ask for a huge low interest loan?
speedy recovery and well wishes.
sand and al

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Way to go De-I!! Whoo-hoo!! I knew you couldn't stay off the computer. Did you get the flowers we sent??

Anonymous said...

So good to read your post! Goes to show you, you can't keep a good man down.

alexis said...

the world will feel lighter now naturally - you've got 1 kidney less!