Thursday, May 8, 2008

Organ Donation Chronicle - D Minus 6

Part Seven - Coming Down the Final Stretch

As we moved into March life was getting unbelievably hectic. Fine, I’d made my decision. I was totally comfortable with it. But that didn’t take away from my need plan my life so that this wasn’t going to be a bad financial disruption. I had bought a copy of the DVD, The Secret, for my associate, Ricardo, and we were watching it at his home. It’s all about the power of visualization. I had got it for him but I took the message to heart. I needed to visualize exactly how I was going to power through this to the outcome I wanted. So I started putting lots of energy into that. At the same time I was trying to work as hard as I could to 1) make sure my existing clients were all where they needed to be when I took my hiatus and 2) that I had some business to look forward to when I was able to come back to work.

Other things were happening; signs that I truly had made the right decision. After my visit to CT in February, my Dad had come to the conclusion that his new guide dog really needed walking every day, something he could not do. So he asked my sister to do it. My sister and my Dad have had almost no relationship for decades. Now they were seeing each other everyday – and talking – and communicating. I never thought I would see this happen. Some things with my associates that were real question marks suddenly just resolved themselves. All of a sudden after years of effort, we were seen new business being developed by people other than me and in places other than New Mexico. And on top of it, totally unasked for, a financial benefactor offered to provide me with financial support for the period when I couldn’t work and had the extra expenses for being in CT. A huge psychological burden lifted.

We had our trip to Europe coming up and I wasn’t excited. I should be working. Even with the benefactor, I should be doing everything in my power to make sure the business would be in good shape. Up until the night before we left, I was working and when we got on the plane I had done virtually nothing to be ready for our trip.

1 comment:

alexis said...

so are you in a hospital now, wearing one of those always-too-short little gowns?