Monday, April 7, 2008

Moving Obliquely to Prague

Wife and I are sitting in the Business Class Lounge of SwissAir waiting for our flight to Zürich where we will catch our plane to Prague (Praha in Czech). So far everything is smooth. Tim de Buffalo was kind enough to give us a ride to the airport. The kitchen guys did their work and were out exactly when they said. The flight to Chicago was early.

Getting from the United terminal to the international terminal was pain because there's only a small escalator and it was broken on one side so everyone was jammed going up and down on one side or trying to use an inadequate elevator.

I was exhausted last night and today. I dozed and listened to music on the flight to Chicago.

This is going to be a totally new experience. I have literally done zero preparation or planning for this trip. Our hosts the parents of John the Armenian have arranged everything and Mrs. de-I has done everything else on our end. For those who believe de-I is unable to do anything without being in control, we will see.

4 comments:

alexis said...

dad, I think you're going to have a GREAT time. It's gonna be a whole new world for you.

stef said...

oooo. the anticipation! Can't wait to read about it.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

That's pretty cool that it only took you 60 years to be able to take a step back and let someone else make some plans. Ha! That means I have another 20 years to learn the skill. Doing it for an entire trip to Europe though....that's pushing the envelope!

Anonymous said...

Have fun, Uncle and Aunt de-I!