Thursday, April 10, 2008

Eastern Europe - Day Three

It was another day of walking around the city. It's late and I won't bore you with the long list of parts of Prague we walked through. I thoroughly enjoy the cityscape and the varied architecture and building decoration. It seemed that around every corner was another different facade design and coloring. I'm definitely getting more into the swing of vacationing and had a lot of fun doing the navigation.

We had a couple of nice meals today including simple omelets and sandwiches sitting outside a hotel facing the river and another under $40 dinner (for four with drinks) at the local place next to the apartment. The food hasn't been spectacular but the quality of the meat has been very high and everything very tasty.

We finished our day at lovely cafe referred to us by John the Armenian (son of Al, son-in-law of de-I) where Wife and Sandy had this interesting hot chocolate with orange and bananas in it (no it wasn't very sweet actually) and I had a Slivovitz (plum brandy)

Tomorrow we're off to Budapest!

Pictures

The Powder Tower
Formerly a gate into the city




A nifty building next to the Powder Tower that I can't remember the name of


More Interesting Buildings


Wife after taking picture of her namesake

A Big Chair!


The Cruise One Staff with the Daily Review
(Sandy - Look de-I thinks he should get credit for some of the navigation today!)
(Al - Yeah right, he can have some credit back in his next lifetime.)

Outside the Hotel Imperial with the neat cafe
(Thanks John for the last minute directions)


Nifty Interior of the Imperial Cafe


Really Nifty Water Faucet in Bathroom of Imperial Cafe
I need this in my house!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

1 and 1/2 comments,

1: really neat randomly large chair and bird statue/faucet. So much more 'arty' then the faucets at the Guthrie Theatre here in MN (mom and I both think that they looked like fancy troughs).
1/2: interesting architecture, very detailed.

Anonymous said...

Aunt De-I, I LOVE that coat. It looks smashing on you.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

I think I saw the imperial cafe on a travel channel show. Very cool.

Awesome big chair!!! And the building pics continue to astound!

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Oh, and Zoi got voted off TC in case you didn't hear. Yay!!!

stef said...

Sounds like you are finally starting to relax and enjoy yourself a little.

Unknown said...

Enjoy, enjoy enjoy!!!!

The Derf & Agent W