Sunday, April 13, 2008

Eastern Europe - Day Four

This vacation is a purposeful exercise in flexibility a. For one thing, I’ve never found anything particularly that attracted me to the idea of going on a cruise nor have I ever been much of a fan of organized tours. And as I mentioned a couple of days ago, I’m use to be the organizer of our vacations, especially those to Europe. But times are changing and with the big change coming up in May my mind has been going into deep places with a corresponding need to let go, have faith, and let things be.

So much of the rest of this trip is going to be exactly the things that I have said I’m not fond of. But it’s something Wife has wanted to do for a long time (though I think she would have preferred going on the more classic cruise ship experience).

Today we’re taking the train from Prague to Budapest. I haven’t been on a train in Europe since we took the girls as teenagers to Europe in 1993. The train ride is relatively uneventful winding through the Czech and Hungarian countryside that is for the most part fairly boring. I haven’t been on a train in a while. As far as I’m concerned, I will deal with frustrations of airport security in order to avoid the length of time spent in traveling by rail.

We’re staying in a hotel in Budapest – a Marriott Executive Suites that Al and Sandy have gotten us a great deal on. We don’t get to the hotel until about 7:30 PM. Joining us for the weekend is our daughter living in Amsterdam, AinA. She’s already arrived. It’s great to see her as we only get to do so a couple of times a year now. We’re pretty tired. We grab a quite drink and a bite to eat that are totally uneventful except for being grossly over-priced.

Pictures

Mrs. de-I and Supreme Leader Sandy the First waiting for the train in Prague

No moment must pass without Mrs de-I taking a picure
Supreme Leader Sandy the First writing out the list of tasks for Loyal Servant de-I

Meeting up with AinA at the Millennium Executive Suites
(Nice Beds - Zzzzzzzz)

The bleary eyed crew at the overpriced dinner
Actually the wine was very good as was all the wine we had in Hungary
The waiter tried to pull a scam off telling us none of our credit cards would work
If he only wanted cash, all he needed to do was tell us!

No comments: