Monday, April 28, 2008

Interlude

In between the 'heavy donation process' posts I will continue with the occasional everyday posts.

It was a lovely weekend in Albuquerque. Wife and I took granddaughter C for the morning. I picked her up for a trip to bakeries a butcher shop, bought her a treat and she also got to sample cold cuts which she loves. Then we came home and she flitted between Wife outside working in the garden and I inside cooking.

On Sunday I did another long hike with Wild Bill, who yet again was muttering about what I had gotten him into. This was a hike I've done in the past in the Eastern part of the mountain that was strenuous but not over the top. However, I forgot to account for the still substantial snow pack at the upper elevations of the hike - hence the reclassification to over-the-top from just strenuous. You'd think Bill would learn after a while and stop answering my phone calls!

Then we went over to Pulisha's and Tim de Buffalo. I brought over a ragout of pork with Hungarian inspired flavoring and a couple of bottles of wine and cooked up dinner for the always 'on the edge of insanity' Pu and Tim. Much wine drunk and the ragout was killer.

Kitchen Completed Pictures

Before



After


I'm thinking of getting life preservers for people who use this sink in case they fall in or maybe building a ladder on one side.


Color from Wife's Garden

4 comments:

Bernice said...

The back splash is great. Very elegant look all around. The purple flowers are wonderful too.

stef said...

WOW. The garden and kitchen look amazing. Glad you were able to have a pleasant weekend. can't wait to see you!

Anonymous said...

Wowza! Looks great.

alexis said...

what a marvelous weekend, and indeed, the kitchen looks fantastic! So does the garden