Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Adventures

Warning - Unabashedly Foodie Entry!

A side benefit of the arrival of the Pulisha Clan in de-I-dia, has been the opportunity to refine the family's favorite art form - Miscommunication. You have to really practice to get the level of misunderstanding that we have made effortless.

The planning of this Sunday's repast was just a small sample.
(Following dialog takes place over a number of days)

de-I to Pu and Tim de Buffalo - "The wine I ordered is in. Why don't we get together for a tasting with some cheese, pate, and appetizers?"

Pu to Mrs. de-I - "That Sunday is Easter Sunday. Maybe we should do a traditional Easter dinner like Tim is used to?"

de-I to all - "Easter dinner is great. Let's go with that"

At the Pu house on Saturday, Tim to de-I - "I thought we were having appetizers? I was looking forward to appetizers." (gnashing of teeth, recriminations and bitching by de-I and Pu deleted)

At the Pu house on Sunday, Pu to de-I - "I thought we were doing the Easter dinner?"

de-I to Pu - " I thought we were doing impromptu appetizers?"

Tim to de-I and Pu - "Just cook already, I'm hungry!"

So impromptu cooking it was:

Pu at work browning bread slices

Tim de Buffalo - Lookin' California cool even when cleaning the high chair

Baby A LOVES his Grandma

A Tim Favorite - de-I's Red Deviled Eggs
I don't have the heart to tell him I never remember what I did from one time to the next so they're always different

Corn Salad
Fresh corn frozen from last summer with lime juice, olive oil, NM red chile, cumin & Mexican oregano

Tim de Buffalo's Traditional Dressing

Pu's Open Faced Ham & Cheese Sandwiches
Whole wheat bread browned in butter with thin slices of ham and fontina cheese

Tomato, Avocado, & Radish Salad
Dressed in olive oil & rice wine vinegar

Da Ham

A Much Better Tasting Than It Looks Potato and Ham Dish in Indian Flavorings

We tasted four different wines, played with the kids, and had a great time.

4 comments:

alexis said...

everyone and everything looks great! I love travel and living in Amsterdam, but I do miss that sort of thing.

stef said...

Well it looks like it turned out awesome! Sounds like a wonderful Easter.

Anonymous said...

What makes the deviled eggs red?

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

They "tasted" four different wines. I love it. You choked down four bottles between you ya lushes. Admit it!!