Sunday, October 14, 2007

Shoot My Travel Planner!

Oh wait that would be me! And that would have a whole series of unintended and most likely unpleasant consequences.

Through a set of unrelated circumstances involving a variety of different business requirements I had to schedule a multi-day, multi-city travel extravaganza.

Today (Sunday) - Travel to Sioux Center Iowa (my very first flight is late taking off, not exactly boding well for the rest of the week)

Monday - Meeting in Sioux Center, drive to Omaha and spend night there

Tuesday - Catch 7 AM flight to LA. Arrive in LA 10:30 AM and have three meetings ending up at Pulisha's for the night.

Wednesday - Starting with 7:30 breakfast have four meetings moving gradually to the west and ending up that night in Thousand Oaks.

Thursday - Have a 7 AM networking meeting in Pasadena, meeting in Ontario, and end up in Palm Desert (about 150 miles away from Thousand Oaks) where I spend night.

Friday - Catch 7 AM flight from Ontario and fly to San Francisco. Drive to lunch meeting in Santa Clara. Go back to San Francisco Airport and pick-up Mrs. de-I then drive to Santa Rosa, CA

Saturday and Sunday - Stay in one place! I have a meeting on Saturday. Wife will be out a -photoing. We hope to spend time together on Sunday.

Monday - Drive to San Francisco and head home.

I am taking applications for a new travel arranger. Must have a strong and well founded sense of sanity.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are crazy, my dear uncle. I hope you survive, sanity intact.

Michael Podolny said...

All to true.

stef said...

osh. i hope you have a long rest scheduled after all that!

Michael Podolny said...

No rest for the weary of the maniacal business owner.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

I'm exhausted just reading that schedule.