Thursday, October 11, 2007

Podolny-Palooza Report

Be careful what you ask for, you might get it goes the old line.

On Tuesday and Wednesday I had 8 people in Albuquerque for two solid days of Podolny Group planning. Included in this were the existing 4 people other than myself, 2 people from LA that were evaluating becoming part of our organization, Wife and I. I got a room at our attorney's office on the 10th floor (that's pretty high here in Albuquerque) of a main office tower so things looked pretty professional.

The conversations covered a wide range of topics but were primarily oriented on a few major subjects:
  • Enhancing the pass-on of knowledge from founder to others
  • Upgrading our marketing and selling efforts and results
  • Creating better communication between the various people in the organization including promoting better usage of the resources of the group
  • Determining the mutual commitments of everyone to trying to turn this into a sustainable business that would grow beyond me
Present at the meeting were:

Albuquerque
de-I
Mrs. de-I
CraigDone
CraigDetwo

Chicago
Lakeview Coffee
Ricardo

Los Angeles
Top Gun L
M(I'mnota)Ho

Without going into great (and certainly boring) detail, it was quite an intense two days. I've gotten this thing to the point where it is poised to go to the next level and there were major questions concerning whether I really had the people that would justify the efforts I've made to continue to try and expand. The net is that it appears that this team of highly talented and hard working team are truly interested in seeing if we can go, together, to the next level.

So now it gets interesting as to how all this is going to come together but unlike in the past, there are people who are picking up responsibility for this piece or that as opposed to me having to do everything. Stay tuned for the next episode.

2 comments:

stef said...

Dad,

How exciting! Now the challenge will be keeping the momentum from this week going. Congratulations to you.

Anonymous said...

It sounds very encouraging...