Sunday, October 28, 2007

Danger - Foodie Entry!

When short of time all of we small cadre of blogators choose...picures! After spending Saturday in an all day meditation intensive (notice how all my letters glow with a golden light - no? - cretins), I went for a hike on Sunday followed by the preparation of a meal for a friend who is moving to Hawaii.

The menu is cream of cauliflower soup with Indian flavorings, Casserole roasted capon with bacon, onions and potatoes, and creme brullee.

Our Trusty Capon (think large chicken)


Bacon being sauteed


Trusty Sous-Chef, Wife, Peeling Lots of Small Potatoes and Onions


Our Capon Ready for the Oven


Cauliflower Soup Cooking


Finished Soup


Meal Ready for Serving


Our Wines
A 2006 Vigonier from Sonoma, CA (first course), a 2001 Chateau Neuf du Pape (main course), a sweet blend,2006 with a lot of Gewürztraminer from Oregon (dessert)












5 comments:

alexis said...

I think I made a capon for thanksgiving one year. A nice sized bird. No dessert? Who's moving to Hawaii?

Michael Podolny said...

Dessert was creme brulee made by Mom. Moving to Hawaii is our guests Mr and Mrs. W

Anonymous said...

I wish I had a full time sous chef. Mrs. de-I did a great job when you were visiting "In the sticks", but my DH isn't hasn't learned this skill yet.

Unknown said...

What a nice send off! I am sure Mr & Mrs W will miss you and Mrs d-I !!! Now you'll have someone to visit in Hawaii!!

The dinner looked wonderful!

Agent W

Pulisha said...

Yum, yum, yum. I tried making yakisoba over the weekend, but I haven't got the proportions of ingrediants quite right so it was not exactly a hit. Perhaps next time I hit the stove to make something other than mac & cheese we will stick with something more classic! (although I'll leave the creme brulee making to moms, I can't believe you trust her with a blow torch! ;)