Thursday, November 19, 2020

Happy Hearing Aid Day

 Ever since I got my first high tech hearing aids about 7 years ago from Costco, I have been so incredibly happy. Before the pandemic hit, I had bought a new pair (5 years is about the lifespan of a hearing aid). They were even better and cooler than my former pair. They synced with my phone 😀. Drove Wife crazy with me wandering the house looking like I was talking to myself. 

Sadly a few weeks ago I lost one while hiking. Now I've hiked with these suckers on ever since I started with them and never lost one before. But there you were. FORTUNATELY for me, Costco gives you a 2 year loss or damage warranty. It took two weeks before the new ones came in. And during that time we went on lock down again. I was afraid they would close the hearing aid center in the store down.

But no! Not only was it open but they have a special entrance set up so customers of the hearing aid center and pharmacy don't have to wait in the long line. 

So now I am happily hearing aid re-enabled. But I think I will leave them home when I hike and hope the bears make a lot of noise.

2 comments:

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

I love hearing (pun intended) about other people's hearing aid experiences, because I am 90% sure I will need them someday. The technology is so advanced now!

alexis said...

they have been life changing. Technolgy is not all bad