Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Happy KIdney Day!

Yes it is that special day of the year when I hold my mass celebration with all my multiple personas attending where we acknowledge the day I donated my beloved left kidney to my Sister. It is 11 years now and like the Timex watch of a past era, it keeps on ticking...or I should say cleaning.

I think 11 years of user lifespan on a kidney that was already 60 years old when it was donated speaks very well to the quality of my body parts. It has driven me crazy these many years as I realize that the quality of my parts is quite likely better than the quality of the assembly of them. Surely my Ferengi loving mind says there must be a way to monetize on this hidden value and still be here to enjoy it. And yet I have not thought of a single way to do so. So sad.

But seriously, the whole process was one of the major rites of passage of my life. For those who are interested, I wrote a chronicle about here on the blog starting with this post. Or you can just search on the label, Living Organ Donation, and go to the oldest post.

Tomorrow I will finish up Eurasia Adventure with the final 'navel gazing post'


1 comment:

alexis said...

I can't believe it was already 11 years ago. I am very pleased you're still so healthy!!!