Monday, April 8, 2024

Around The World In 72 Days - Shanghai / 2B Gastronomy 2

I would like to say for the record that 2B has great gastronomic sense. Whenever we visit, especially if it is in another country, I know I am in for some great experiences. This trip, in particular is going to be focused this way. He's waited the whole time they've been in China for someone to actually come visit so he can share his finds. 

All I knew yesterday was he told Wife and I he was sending a car to pick us up and we were meeting he and #2 for lunch

Our Hosts

CEO of Pooh Lee Shah Travels and Her Director of Gastronomy

(Pooh - "See White Person, we are not all hard labor") 

 "Yes Madame Pooh"

 Roasted Hong Kong Style Pork and Steamed Chicken

 Cauliflower with Dried Shrimp and Garlic in Hot Stone Pot


I don't even know how to explain this. The inside was an ultra-crispy fried shrimp thing. But the outside was a soft steamed rice skin. Was crazy good.

Fried Rice

Rice Noodles

Insanely delicious Pot Sticker. Seriously. Cannot remember any I've had that were better.

Lastly. More Soup Dumplings. And yes, these were even better than the last ones!

 Today, we are taking a break to let our systems process some of the eating from the last 10 days. But on Wednesday, we're supposed to be going out to some big, more formal dining event. I hope I am allowed to take some pictures.

2 comments:

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

Ooh, I love the idea of a roll that is crispy on the inside and soft on the outside. A surprising texture reversal!

Good job, 2B!

alexis said...

gosh the food looks so much better than what I had in Portugal! Pfffft, not my favorite cuisine. Just will have to hope we can hitch a ride with OH if he travels to China for work