Saturday, April 13, 2024

Around The World In 72 Days - The Internet Miracle At Yangshuo. - Programing Resumed - Shanghai Diplomatic Banquet

We've moved down river via a cruise. Actually we've missed a whole day of activities. I have billions and billions of pictures to go through and show you. I've not tried to upload anything here. So we will see. I've decided to do the chronology first, catching up on the posts, then followup with some photography related posts, and a cosmically grand gastronomic post. 

Let's wind the clocks back to Wednesday the 10th. We were feted by #2 and 2B at a special meal where the 2nd in charge of the Consulate, along with the Consul General from Portugal came to a special meal 2B arranged. It was held in the famous downtown area of Shanghai, the Bund. And was at the classic Roosevelt Hotel.

 2B met us at the house and we take a Didi (China Uber like) to the Bund area. It is cold and windy.

We had some time to kill so we headed to another famous hotel, the Peninsula, to get a drink.

Famous Eagle Sculpture in the Lobby

In Famous Bar for Drink

Then up to the Roosevelt Club for our Banquet


The food was very good but honestly not so much better than much of the food we have had and would have going forward.

This was an unusual dish of glass noodles with sea anemones. I actually didn't taste anything special

 

Then we went upstairs and outside to get a really great view of the Shanghai waterfront and cityscape.




Butterfly Wing Building

The Intrepid Team


Signs of the World

I dare my wealth management friends to name the firm this.


 

2 comments:

alexis said...

The Bund has a special place in my heart! It is the site of a similar drinking/views with locals experience OH and I had and it is the ONLY TIME EVER in our entire relationship to date that someone responded with more enthusiasm and interest when I told them my job rather than OH's.

I will never forget.

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

Wow, those are some spectacular views!