Sunday, February 10, 2013

Pictures from San Miguel

Barry is a total tech geek and has every connection cord one could imagine.  Hence, even though I forgot mine, he had one that allowed me to connect my ancient Fakeberry to my computer.

Sunset 

From the roof patio of Barry and Melissa's house


Doors

Everything in San Miguel goes on behind the doors.  The entrance to a restaurant or building will lead you into rooms a courtyards.  One could fill a picture album with nothing but pictures of doors.




Roads




Churches

There are nothing if not a ton of beautiful churches








Statues

Ignatio Allende initiator of Mexican independence

The San Miguel statues take a dim view of hot air balloons invading the town and will attack them on sight.

No Luck at the Bull Ring

Located the Bull Ring on the map and walked to it

But it was completely behind walls that made it indistinguishable from the street.  
All I could do was take a picture through a crack the big wooden door.

Food

No de-I travel blog would be complete without some kind of food picture :)
 
Mexican Hot Chocolate (on the left) is for people who don't want US chemical and sugar powder but want something with real chocolate flavor.

Huevos Ontoni
Eggs scrambled with sausage in a chile soup 
 

Mandatory chocolate cake following spicy eggs


4 comments:

Agent W said...

Wonderful pictures! So glad Barry had a power cord for you! Safe travels!

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

I like the pics, especially the air balloon. Ha!

I'm hoping you had better food though.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Oh,and the church pics are very cool. Love me some churches!

alexis said...

holy crap, it really is just a massive piece of cake! What amazing sunsets they have.