Wednesday, February 20, 2013

de-I-3 / MUPGT-3

I have a bunch business travel the next month or so.  I'm in Chicago and have short trips to Phoenix and Denver also coming up.  So you know what that means...

...de-I and Magical Unicorn Pony God of Travel SMACKDOWN!

Match Day One - Albuquerque to Chicago
  • de-I gets text on way to airport that his flight to Denver is going to 1 hour late.  Flight ends up being two hours late getting off.  Score Unicorn Pony God.
  • de-I has specifically chosen a flight with a 2 & a half hour connection time through Denver, rather than the 50 minute connect time through Houston (which flight was also late BTW).  I still make it to Denver on time.  Score de-I!
  • Flight into Denver lands in the absolutely farthest gate out possible with only minutes to get to boarding flight.  Score Unicorn Pony God
  • My connecting flight is only a few gates away from the arrival gate.  de-I Ties it Up!
  • Once on the plane I get the last First Class Upgrade and it isn't even a bulkhead road.  I will get dinner after all!! de-I surges into the Lead!
  • This is one of the only First Class flights ever where they don't serve any food.  Unicorn Pony God snatches a draw :(

5 comments:

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

Wow, that smackdown had me on the edge of my seat!

terri said...

That damn Unicorn Travel Pony God. He's a mean sumbitch.

You know I don't travel much, but recently had an encounter with the unicorn. The flight was delayed. Then it was not. Then it was delayed again. There was an entertaining drunk woman on the flight who thought she was a good 40 years younger than she was. Also a friendly guy next to me who ended up being talkative and funny. My e-reader decided to stop working, so I was thankful for the fun, friendly stranger sitting next to me.

alexis said...

I just have to remember every time I am hating on a train somewhere in the benelux, that it could be worse. Every time you describe travel in the US it sounds horrible.

Agent W and the Derf said...

We are looking forward the the next adventures in the de-I-3 / MUPGT-3 saga!

Bernice said...

I am rooting for de-I for future events.