Sunday, February 24, 2013

Match Day Two - Chicago to Albuquerque

A draw on Tuesday left neither the Magical Unicorn Pony God of Travel or de-I feeling very satisfied.  So it was back at it we went on Thursday for my return trip.

  • Mini Equine Horned Voyaging Deity comes out with hooves and horn ablaze.  He arranges for a major snow storm to be coming in...and it will hit all three cities I have to travel to - Chicago originating, Denver transferring, and Albuquerque arrival.  Used a lot of deity points to pull that one off.  Just show he means business, I get an email at Noon from United that my Denver to Albuquerque flight at 10 PM is already running an hour late!  Score MUPGT!
  • But no, de-I has a major strategic trick up his sleeve.  His flight schedule has him leaving 3 hours before the storm hits Chicago and 4 hours after it leaves Denver!  No problem getting out or getting to.  Bwahahahaha.  Point de-I!
  • Infuriated minor member of heavenly pantheon who is short on points has to resort to trying to cause a delay on the train I'm taking to go from downtown Chicago to O'Hare.  Hardly works at all.  No points.
  • And I have TSA Pre which means I skate through security in just minutes.  Instead of rushing to get on plane because of delay planned by MUPGT, I have time to both get dinner and download my email.  Point de-I - I'm in the lead again!
  • I use my powers of positive thinking and get my Denver to Albuquerque flight to be only 30 minutes late.  With time we can make up in the air, I might even be back at scheduled time...a huge de-I victory.  But when we get on the ground in Albuquerque, all the gates are full and we sit on the ground for 30 minutes waiting for them to open one up for us.  Magical Unicorn Pony God gets the point he needs for the tie :(
 Nonetheless, I've put the Unicorn God of Travel that I'm not going to be a pushover any longer.




6 comments:

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Ha! Happy to hear you at least scored a draw. Flying to Chicago in February is like playing on the road in a dome stadium....tough to come away with a W.

alexis said...

wow - you show that lesser deity who's boss!

Da Count said...

I am concerned... You are tempting the Gods with this blow by blow! When is your next trip? Must not travel on that day.

Agent W said...

The power of positive thinking (and some luck!!) prevails!

terri said...

This power struggle with the MUPGT is getting out of hand. At least you're not letting him get the better of you!

Pulisha said...

Go, Dad! You put that lesser deity to shame!