Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Pre-Screen Heaven

There are certain things in life that tell me that I've been a road warrior probably for too long a period in life.

You may remember Wife and I took a short trip (not a short vacation, a short trip) to get our Global Entry approved with Immigration so we can expedite our entry back in country for our trips abroad. 

When I did this I got an invitation through United Airlines to be enrolled in the TSA Pre program.  This is a program where they do background checks on you and if approved you get to go through a special security lane.  It's only at certain airports and you have to be part of an airline frequent flyer program.  I went ahead, applied and was accepted.

Today was the first time I was going through an airport that had it.

IT WAS COOL!

I walked up.  They scanned the bar code on my ticket.  I was allowed through to this line with NOBODY in it while even the Premier Frequent Flier line was backed up.  I go in.

Don't have to take off my shoes!

Don't have to take out my back of fluids!

Don't have to take out my electronics!

Don't have empty my pockets other than metal!

It was as if I just walked right to the gate with no security!

I was exhilarated.  I was humming and smiling.

That's when I said, "You fly too much".




7 comments:

terri said...

Well, if you're gonna fly too much, there might as well be PERKS! It all sounds so EASY!

alexis said...

How wonderful - certainly you travel enough to enjoy it!

The Count said...

You are absolutely right!

The Countess and I had our first Pre experiece this past weekend at LAX. We didn't think it was going to be a big deal. In a post 9/11 flying world, it felt like being released from jail! Awesome!

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

He was so excited that he called me right after he got through security. Good for you I said, I'm stuck in rush hour traffic.

Pulisha said...

Yay! I got to see the program at work when I did my DHS consultations in San Francisco, and I am so jealous. As a gov't employee, we don't get to take advantage of the program (how freaking crazy is that!!) :(

Agent W said...

This will make your travels more enjoyable, for sure!!

Jules said...

WOohoo! Nicely done! Must be nice, especially with the shoes and electronics. Look at you!