Monday, September 3, 2012

Laboring Day

No I'm not giving birth but I am working.  Isn't that what Labor Day is about, that we should all be laboring?  I'm sure under the new regime after the election that will certainly become the definition.  But enough ranting (though I really, really really do enjoy ranting...so much less effort required than actually doing something about things).

There is actually method to my madness rather than simply the manifestation of my Type A personality.  That is because Mr. de-I and Mrs. de-I have another of our mega-trips scheduled to start on Sept 25.  In the meantime I need to get the requisite work done to insure income and business continuity.  I will gladly trade a 3 day weekend for a 3 week trip!

(Please note I do not use the word "vacation".  I was told by Agent W in no uncertain terms that Wife and I do not vacation.  We go on trips.  According to the AgentWclopedia a "vacation" implies sitting around most of the day preferably near some water like and ocean or a pool.  Whereas a "trip" where one is allowed, nay even encouraged, to run around like crazy seeing and doing things.  Wife and I definitely do not "vacation".)

5 comments:

terri said...

I'd have to agree. You do not vacation. And I suspect you wouldn't have it any other way.

Now get back to work so you can go on that trip! :-)

Bernice said...

Can't wait to join you on the va--no trip.

alexis said...

I can't wait to join you on the no-cation either!

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Yeah, I vacation, you guys take trips. Even if I went to Europe, most likely I'd end up vacationing. Sitting in a cafe is almost as good as next to a pool or the beach.

Pulisha said...

Having "vacationed" with you and Mom, I have to agree! But since we aren't much different in our trip taking style I think it turned out well ;)