Tuesday, September 25, 2012

EURO 2012 - England/Spain Through Munchkin Glasses - Part 1

Wife and I are now through security and waiting at the Albuquerque International Sunport for our first flight to Chicago and then on to Amsterdam. 

This trip represents a significant milestone.  Not that we are taking a trip per se but the nature of the length of the trip and how it fits in with my overall business transition from full time hard growing business person to one who will be looking to do less and have more time for myself.

I have organized my transition into three phases.  Phase one has taken place.  That has been stopping trying to grow, getting the same or more income with less work, and taking at least one big trip a year with no effect on my business. 

This trip will be three weeks.  Be the longest we've taken with the exception of our trip to New Zealand.  And unlike any other trip, I have to say I have my business affairs in complete order.  In fact I had most of the important work done days before I left.  It was so weird.  I can remember the last few trips where I've been working right onto and during my first flights out of town.  In fact I'm so used to that mode, that I was all hyped up yesterday in spite of the fact that pretty much everything was done.

So I'm pretty proud that I've accomplished what I set out to and looking forward to just having a good time.

2 comments:

alexis said...

having you sitting next to me relaxed about work, it's definitely worth it!

Jules said...

Congrats on your accomplishment!