Sunday, February 5, 2012

Something Pleasant To Write About

Things have somewhat settled down with my Father. I doesn't look like this is the crisis that ends it. We've put together a care team that seems to have Father feeling secure. He's gotten stronger (though clearly not going to fully recover). So my brother and I are going to try and pull back the amount we're going to Connecticut as it could be months now.

So I'm going to be home for almost 10 days, a real welcome spell to focus on my business and try to get some revenues in. And as an extra added bonus, we're not going to have to cancel our second Cooking Event of Epic Proportions. You may remember the first event in August where we collaborated with our friends Cabinet Lady and Dr. Debbie for a grand international chile oriented event. We were so happy with the outcome that we almost immediately decided we needed to do another one, in the winter.

So for the winter event, I decided to go back to my Russian heritage and the tradition of the zakushka table. This was a buffet that was always kept stocked because in the vast spaces of Russia guests didn't 'call' they dropped in. And you had to have food and drink ready at all times in that account.

Stay tuned for the details.

6 comments:

terri said...

Oh, I'd be in trouble if people ever dropped in expecting food and drink. It always seems like the cupboards and refrigerator are full of food, and still... there's nothing to eat.

Can't wait to see what comes of theis next event.

Mike said...

A second "cooking event of epic proportions??" I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Good to hear about your pop getting stronger. Looking forward to the crazy Russian cooking!

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

I'm glad to hear you've got a plan in place for your dad, and we'll all be waiting to hear about the cooking extravaganza!

Jules said...

OOOh Russian cuisine! Can't wait to hear about it!

alexis said...

I hope there are some of those colored eggs that grace the Time Life Book on Russian cuisine I remember from childhood.