Saturday, December 18, 2010

First Winter Snow Hike

On Thursday when I called home from Austin, Wife told me that we were having stormy winter weather. When I flew in Friday morning it was clear that the mountains had gotten snow. I was pretty psyched - The first snow hiking of the year.

I wrote last year about my transformation from winter hiking hater to winter hiking lover. And I've also written about our wonderful respectful snow here in Albuquerque which unlike Terri's snow in Minnesota knows that its place is in the mountains for recreation and water supply, not in the city mucking up our roads.

So I conned Wild Bill into accompanying me. What I didn't know was that they had gotten almost a foot in the lower elevations and that we were among the first to be breaking trail. It was much harder going than I had anticipated but a lot of fun and beautiful nonetheless.

It took us twice as long to go the distance we normally do.




Also a couple of scenes from my trip with AinA to Seattle and the Bay area.


Our Korean meal with partner Frank - Once again my need to feed a minimum of 30 people affected my ordering.

Motherrocker handling taping of the video logs we will be putting in my new business marketing efforts. She had AinA sing some opera to test the video.

3 comments:

Mike said...

You're braver than me. When it snows, I just want to stay inside where it's warm and dry. Glad to hear you're home safely after all of that traveling you've been doing lately.

alexis said...

wow! yes - when we talked this weekend I didn't realize how deep it was! I'm glad no one slipped and fell.

terri said...

Look at all that snow! Hiking through that took some serious effort, I know! Really beautiful though. I can see why you love it.