Monday, December 20, 2010

Approval

After 13 years and 147 thousand miles my Dodge Durango is showing its age. This year we've put a lot of money into it and it is showing signs of needing more.

I'm not much of a car person but with the help of my business partner Formula 1 Frank, I found a vehicle I really liked. The only problem was getting approval for the purchase.

Here at the dIWHQ (de-I World Headquarters) you don't just buy something like a car. You have to go through an approval process.

So first I submitted a request to purchase to the fixed asset approval department (Wife). Fixed assets gave their approval.

Then you had to submit a certificate of need to the finance department (Wife). They indicated that there would need to be a budget review.

The budget department (Wife) ran the numbers and indicated that funds could be allocated for the purchase.

I now submitted a formal request to the budget committee (Wife).

With that approval, all I needed was the sign off from the CEO (Wife) which I got today.

Hallelujah, now all I need to do is buy the car.

5 comments:

alexis said...

Oh man, how exciting!! I can't wait to see the pictures.

A moment of silence for your faithful DD, however. It served you well for most of those 10 years.

terri said...

Your wife has quite the impressive resume! And it sounds like she runs a tight ship.

Good luck with the vehicle search!

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Annndddd find the right model. Don't buy new!!!

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to pictures/details of the new one! Wife sure does have a lot of positions!

Mike said...

I cracked up reading this. Good luck in your vehicle search. As Jules indicated, we expect pictures of your new purchase.