Sunday, December 12, 2010

End Almost in Sight

After last week's grueling three city, six day trip, I'm on to the last trip of the year. Actually two trips. It's 7:30 PM and I'm on my way to Dallas, TX so I can get to Austin for a meeting in the morning. I don't normally fly this late but I had some of my business partners over for a thank you lunch this afternoon.

This was a four course French meal including my first ever cheese souffle (which turned out great I might add - thanks to Wife for the valuable collaboration). We also had a charcutrie course (cured meat), a slow cooked pork roast with soubise (onions cooked down with rice plus cheese and cream), a salad, a raspberry tart made by Wife. Three wines were served. A prosecco (not sure of the spelling - its a bubbly wine from Italy), a dry riesling from Oregon, and 2000 Bordeaux. Just your normal 1.5 days worth of cooking lunch.

Anyway that's why I'm leaving so late as I had to leave enough time for me to clean up after everyone was gone. I come home tomorrow afternoon. But then have to go back again on Wed for another meeting on Thu coming back on Fri morning.

Then THREE WEEKS solid of no travel. Can't wait.

7 comments:

terri said...

Not surprisingly, your meal sounds superb! I'm sure it was more than appreciated!

Mike said...

No travel for three weeks?? What are you going to do with yourself?

alexis said...

goodness, I'm surprised you were alert enough after that meal to find your flight!

de-I said...

Mike - I plan to reintroduce myself to Wife. She's been looking at me like "What's that strange guy doing in my house" whenever I'm home.

Alexis - One needn't be all that alert to find the last 3 flights of the day going out of Albuquerque.

Anonymous said...

Cheese souffle! Was it hard? I've never made a souffle before, but I'd like to learn.

WeaselMomma said...

Enjoy the down time while it lasts.

Anonymous said...

Woohoo!!! 3 weeks of no travel! enjoy :)