Sunday, December 26, 2010

A Camera Sherpa Christmas

With all of our family gathering having been done with our trip to France and Italy and Thanksgiving in Tampa, Wife and I were by ourselves for the holidays. So Wife wanted to bring the camera gear up into the mountains and take advantage of the opportunity of the recent snow.

So with her Camera Sherpa in tow, we spent almost 4 hours on Christmas morning in almost complete isolation up in the mountains with Wife taking shots to her hearts content.








My attempt at one of Wife's 'art' shots


Our tradition for decades has been to make pizza on Christmas. While this looks a bit uneven and rustic, it was one of our best efforts in quite some time.

7 comments:

Mike said...

Four hours on a mountain taking pictures? Dang. I'm sure she got some good shots, though. Your photo of the snow-covered cactus was pretty cool-looking. Maybe even "artsy."

That pizza looks delicious.

alexis said...

love your free form pizza! I admit to missing my Xmas pizza this year :)

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Wait, that's one of your better efforts at pizza?? I expect much better....though it does look tasty.

de-I said...

Joe - it is ALL about the taste. Looks are not something we worry about for our just for us pizza.

WeaselMomma said...

Pizza for Christmas dinner, I like it! I have been searching for years now for a Chines restaurant that is open on Christmas Day.

terri said...

Sounds like a very peaceful and beautiful way to spend Christmas. And Christmas pizza is something no one could argue with. Yum!

Anonymous said...

Sounds fun!! That pizza looks good!!