Sunday, July 19, 2009

Mucho Going On

Got back from Chicago on Friday Noon - had three meetings that afternoon.

I'm getting ready for my 6 partners to come to ABQ for a day and a half of meetings. This should be pretty interesting. I've gone from being a solo practitioner in 2000 to starting experimenting with having associates work under my umbrella and creating a brand in 2003, to our first every 'group' meeting in 2007 where we were figuring what the heck we might be and who might be willing to be involved, through a year and a half of uncertainty punctuated by a variety of personal issues on the part of myself and others to a sudden focusing of efforts to be culminated by our meetings this week.

In preparation for this I have been writing pages and pages of process definition and instruction. This sounds so easy when you tell someone else to do it. My partners have been after me for years to do this. I finally made a psychological breakthrough a month or so ago with a culmination of me writing pages and pages of this stuff this weekend.

On top of all this I got news on Friday morning that my blind father's house in Connecticut was hit by lightening and suffered a severe fire. Naturally there was all kinds of commotion about was he OK and what was he going to do. My Dad is an incredibly tough, organized and talented person and has told us all to chill out until he has taken stock of where things are and what he wants to do.

I did hike on Saturday. No pictures. Only excitement was that I underestimated the hike by about a mile and a half (8 miles instead of 6.5). Oops, that never happens with me :)

5 comments:

Mike said...

I'm very sorry to hear about your dad's house. It's good that he's handing it well, but that's still terrible.

Glad to hear the business is growing like it is. It's almost time to hire a secretary, don't you think? :)

stef said...

If you do need a PA, I know someone who might be available. If you don't mind it being long-distance. (har, har, har)

Bernice said...

Stef, if the pay is good enough you could move to Alb.
I am amazed at your Dad's abilities.

terri said...

Oooh, someone didn't have a fun weekend! I'll bet you have a huge sense of accomplishment now though.

I'm glad your dad is ok and hope things get straightened out quickly.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

That house is a mess! Yowza. Wonder why they didn't get too much of Bill in that interview? He was probably telling them to get the hell off the lawn and to get the camera out of his face. :-)