Monday, July 6, 2009

Gahd de-I, Is There No End to These Florida Posts...No

At least not yet. Things were packed in the St. Pete area for the weekend of the 4th.

The Goths were pooped and Tim di Bufallo had to fly to Austin and back on Sunday to pick up his two kids from his previous marriage (that's and flight and back in one day - yuck) for their 6 week summer stay.

On the way back over the causeway I got a Gulf of Mexico sunset shot.


When we got back to our hotel, it was bedlam. Cars were everywhere. There was not a single parking space in the hotel parking lot. Turns out there were fireworks right in downtown St. Pete just about where we were. Finally I dropped Wife off and cruised the streets until I found what I thought was a good space. Wife was still at the entrance of the hotel and we watched the fireworks.

Turned out the parking place wasn't such a good idea. The car got towed. Had to schlep out to get it bailed out. Of course I had wait outside since the place was locked up and on Sunday some kind of on-call person had to drive out un-impound me. Well I didn't like the looks of the neighborhood, was getting bit by bugs, noticed that there was quite a gap between the gate and the fence, and that I could see exactly where my car was. So I squeezed through, opened up the car and sat down much more comfortably.

When Mister on-call guy arrives he looks around puzzled outside the gate. I get out of my car call and wave. Boy is he pissed. I guess its not in the rules for me to do anything to decrease my discomfort from the whole experience. So this young shit glowers at me through the whole procedure but I just give him smiles, thank him and wish him a nice day.

I did call him an asshole once I was driving away :(

I'm just pissed off that I was careless about where I put the car.

9 comments:

terri said...

For the record, the Florida posts will never grow old. I have Florida-envy, although I most definitely can't complain about the MN summer. It's perfect here these days!

Sorry to hear about your car getting towed. Made me laugh to read that you snuck through and got comfy in your car while you waited. I can picture you being all innocent about the whole thing while the un-impounder guy gets mad!

Anonymous said...

Grrrr, how frustrating.

Anonymous said...

Ouch. :(

The firework picture looks nice though. Much better than the ones here in STL

Mike said...

Wow... you're really good at taking fireworks pictures. I was having a hell of a time getting my timing right.

Sorry to hear about the car. That's totally something I would do. I'm clueless when it comes to downtown areas and I never know where I can do what when it comes to anything vehicular. Love the story about your encounter with the "on-call guy," though. That was priceless. :)

alexis said...

was there any signage to indicate that was a no-no parking area? tough to know otherwise!

stef said...

Hee hee hee. Oh well, there is no posting about the rules, how could you know? it IS your car right?

de-I said...

Indeed Ms A there was signage - that's why I wasn't too pissed in the first place. I knew I was taking a risk. Can't blame others for one's own stupidity.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Bill the hotel for not providing enough parking and controlling the lot for non-guests. They do that up near Mackinaw Island. People need to take a ferry over so they try to park in the hotel lot. Nope, a person sitting there patrols the lot and tells you to get the hell out.

I think people are overlooking that YOU snuck through a fence!! Nicely done!

WeaselMomma said...

Oh, that does stink. Glad you got the car back and were able to annoy the attendant.