Sunday, July 5, 2009

The Florida Room

One of the neater things about the Pulisha and Tim house is the "Florida Room". I don't know if this is a real name of rooms in Florida. But it is essentially the pool covered with a metal frame and bug netting and an outdoor sitting room that is covered so you can get out of the pool and sit or come out in the evening and sit like a living room just open to the outside.

Looking out at the pool from the 'room'
Scanning around



This is actually a play area that is off from the room

Looking back at the room from the other side of the pool
Pretty cool huh. Couldn't you see Pu and Tim hosting the family get together?

7 comments:

Mike said...

I want one.

Jules and I are getting ready to move here in a couple of months. Maybe we should find a house with a pool room.

Anonymous said...

I'm up for moving somewhere with a Florida Room. That looks pretty cool.

terri said...

What an awesome room! I can imagine spending a good amount of time there.

stef said...

Oyes. All the joy of the outdoors and none of the bugs. I could definitely get used to that.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Yeah, those rooms are all over Florida. When we rent out houses down there for softball tournaments, they usually have them. They are enjoyable, no doubt.

Bernice said...

Did you say the family reunion would be there next time? I vote for that.

de-I said...

Mike/Jules - there are so many hotels in this area, it would seem that anyone in the hospitality industry could get a job here. Not sure what the market is for IT but there is a big Air Force base (daughter is a civilian contractor) so they must have IT needs.

From what my daughter tells me the RE market is so soft that the prices have become really reasonable for both purchases and rentals. And I've heard from both Daughter, Tim and Lakeview Coffee Joe that indeed the Florida Room is a common feature here.