Saturday, June 6, 2009

Tidbits

I can't say that there has been tons of eventful stuff going around to write about so here is a some miscellaneous odds and ends

The New Roll

This week marks the end of the roll of Costco, Kirkland brand plastic wrap. Neither Wife nor I can remember when we bought. It seemed that it lasted over two years. So this time I decided to actually put the date when we started the new roll so we can actually calculate its lifespan.
Garden Blooming

I say many, many, many thank yous that I have a wife who 1) likes to garden and 2) is from Minnesota farm stock and will work like a maniac. Therefore, it is my duty to publicize ad nauseum her accomplishments. Hence the the pictures of blooming flowers galore taken from the soaring heights of the tower. Please especially note the hollyhocks and the brand new roses.




Hike Till You Drop

Wild Bill was my hiking buddy of choice today. We had arranged to take a long but leisurely hike with us dropping off one car at our destination so we could do a transverse rather than an up and back. WB arrives at 7:15 and tells me that he has to be back by Noon because he has a function that he forgot about. He was going to call me last night to tell me but decided not to. So we have to adjust. I still want to do a longer hike and I opt for an up and back on part of what we were going to do, the Three Gun Spring trail. I've written about this in the past. It can be very demanding. Especially if you are hearing WB's wife in your head threatening you if you don't get him back on time. So we haul assed and did the 4 mile 2100 foot climb in an hour and 45 minutes...an hour and half on the way back. I was totally wiped out. But at least I know I'm ready to do some of the more ambitious hikes we've talked about for this summer.

4 comments:

terri said...

The garden is beautiful! Mine was looking a little sad as we had the driest May on record since... I don't know... a long time ago.

Glad to hear you're ready for the more demanding hikes. I know you've been chomping at the bit.

Anonymous said...

I like the idea on the plastic wrap. I feel that way about the big things of salt from the grocery store.

Nice garden!!! :)

Mike said...

If I did that kind of hike in an hour and a half, I'd die. No question about it. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

The garden looks terrific. There is nothing better than having a garden to enjoy without having to be the one to work in it.